The GreenIQ System has 3 components:
GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub
- Connects to your garden's irrigation valves.
- Optionally connects to your garden's lighting circuit.
- Controls irrigation and lighting schedules.
- Connects to the internet via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable.
GreenIQ Web App
- The web app runs on the browser of any web-enabled device, such as iPhone, iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, PC or Mac.
- The web app allows you to create scheduling programs for each irrigation zone and the lighting channel.
- The web app displays indications of the system's status, such as open/closed irrigation zone, etc.
- User registration, savings report retrieval, system configuration and more, are all done using the web app.
- Third party accessories such as Flower Power, Koubachi and others can be controlled via the web app.
- GreenIQ provides free cloud services to all of its customers.
- All the system configurations and user's programs are stored in the GreenIQ Cloud.
- The GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub and the web app communicate via the GreenIQ Cloud.
- Configuration changes, software updates and on-going status updates are stored and retrieved via the cloud.
The Science Of Evapotranspiration (ET)
Evapotranspiration (ET) is the sum of water evaporation from the soil and plant transpiration to the atmosphere. Your garden's water balance is compensated by natural precipitation and by your irrigation system. The question is how to avoid over-watering and
under-watering of your plants? Your GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub automatically downloads data from the internet on current and
forecast weather conditions provided by the nearest weather station. Factors such as temperature, relative humidity (RH), wind speed and solar radiation directly impact the ET in your garden. The GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub schedules irrigation based on the start time and end time you programmed, and modifies the irrigation period according to ET and latest/forecast precipitation. On very hot and dry days, your plants will get more water, and on cold and cloudy days - less water. On rainy days the GreenIQ Smart Garden Hub will turn off irrigation completely. As a result, your garden will get just the amount of water it needs. It keeps your garden looking great, it saves you money and it's good for the environment. This is what we mean when we say: "Your home just got smarter!"